Webmin is a system administration tool for Unix. It provide an web-interface to manage our administration task in Unix.
Installing Webmin in Ubuntu is easy quite simple.
1. Download the latest Webmin package for Ubuntu from http://www.webmin.com and store it in your local folder.
2. Navigate to the folder where you downloaded Webmin and run “sudo dpkg -i webmin_1.441_all.deb”. This will unpack the package and start the installation.
3. You might encounter library error message. When you get this error, run “sudo apt-get install -f”. This will correct all the missing library and proceed with the webmin installation.
4. Now you have a fresh new Webmin installed in your machine. To access the webmin type “https://yourhostname:10000” in your browser
Note: “yourhostname” is your servers hostname and the 10000 is the port number.
5. Default login details for Webmin uses your current ubuntu’s root username and your root password.